Have you seen? Wallpaper is making a huge comeback. You’ve probably recently seen it on HGTV, design magazines, or even social media. And no, it’s not your grandmother’s wallpaper. There are many amazing designs, textures and interesting patterns of wallpaper to choose from that you can use in many creative ways. Below we have some reasons why you should use wallpaper!
1) How & Where To Use It:
Wallpaper can be used in so many places! Some good places to use it are a powder bath, laundry room, or even an impact wall in a bedroom or living room.
Powder baths are a great opportunity to do something bold! Since powder baths are usually on the smaller side, you can get away with doing a bold graphic pattern on every wall. Not only will you love it, but your guests will too! Laundry rooms are another great space to take advantage of wallpaper, let a cheery and vibrant wallpaper be the focal point of the room.
Using wallpaper on one wall as an “impact wall” is another great way to achieve a dramatic look, especially if you love the idea of wallpaper, but are nervous to commit to an entire room. Some ideas on where to use an impact wall are:
- Master Bedroom
- Dining Room
- Living Room
- End of a hallway
2) Wallpaper on a ceiling
On the other hand, you could do the opposite of an impact wall and use wallpaper on all your walls. As mentioned above, you can get away with doing a bold bright pattern on every wall in a smaller space such as a powder bath or laundry room. But if you are working with a large open space such as a living room, family room or dining room, opting for something subtler is more appealing to the eye when it’s used throughout a large space.
3) The Different Styles:
- Grass cloth
- This type of wallpaper is available in classic, traditional patterns and intriguing, funky designs. Grass cloth is a very versatile wallpaper that gives a space a sense of dimension and character.
- Glass Beaded
- Glass beaded wallpaper will light up your life as it adds a gorgeous, magical shimmer to a room. The glass beads are placed in all different types of patterns on wallpaper or simply layered to create a soft sparkle.
- There are many sophisticated metallic wallpapers – silver, gold, copper and even colored metallic! Using Metallic wallpaper in a room can help you achieve a glam look, but there are also some metallic wallpaper’s that lean more industrial as well!
- Cork is a perfect option if you want to add a lot of rich texture to your walls! There are many amazing cork wallpapers to choose from now that come in different colors and finishes.
- Bamboo is a natural, eco-friendly type of wallpaper. It can add an exotic yet traditional feel to any room. It’s not the easiest to clean – so make sure you use it in spaces where water won’t be splashed on it!
- Vinyl wallpaper has come a long way in that almost every type of wallpaper is now replicated in a vinyl wallpaper! This is a game-changer as you can use it in any space including the kitchen, bathroom, or laundry room.
4) Easy Way To Change The Look Of A Space
Wallpaper is a simple and practical way to change the look of your space! Just by adding wallpaper to one wall you will elevate the look of your room and feel like you have a brand-new room! If you’re looking for something that will be more impactful than paint and be more cost-efficient in the long run, wallpaper is the right choice!
We love using wallpaper for our clients as it creates a personalized and individual touch to each person’s home. With the variety of ways it can be used, the different styles to choose from, and the fact that it’s an extremely easy way to create impact, makes it that much more appealing! Whether you want to use wallpaper to reveal your creative side, keep up with the latest design trends, or set the mood for your bedroom, wallpapers add a timeless element of personality and imagination to a space.